network printing on samba

Kevin Chan kkc at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:41:37 GMT 2000

Hi, I just need a bit of help with the printing setup on samba...

Right now, my company is in the midst of being relocated for a week and I
have been trying to set up a network printer which is in a different subnet
from the samba server with little success.  I have added an entry in the
/etc/printcap file, specifying where the printer is and have modified the
smb.conf configurations as well.  I was just wondering if I missed anything
that anyone can see.

The printer is setup correctly and the IP address on it has been
verified.  Also, the samba server works fine since logging onto it from the
remote subnet is also posing no problems.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Chan