samba-tng-alpha.2.6.rpm

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Sep 18 22:58:13 GMT 2000

Andrew Klaassen wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:11:03AM +0930,
> Matthew Geddes wrote:
>
> > This is because smbpasswd is no longer used. User samedit instead. Check
> > out the man pages or Lars Kneschke's FAQ for details.
>
> Speaking of samedit...
>
> Is there a way to have samedit prompt me for the password when
> creating users, rather than having to type the password
> plaintext on the console after the "-p" option?

Not that I know of. You can use the samuserset command, when you type
the password, it won't be seen, but it will print it to the screen
after. ;-) You could probably change this. Perhaps the Samba team would
accept this as a patch?

Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3