authorize a NT stand alone server for Domainaccess

Marek Stancel stancel at netlife.de
Mon Sep 18 11:55:34 GMT 2000

Hi all, (firstofall sorry for my bad english)

once I authorized a NT Server in the Domain (Samba TNG 2.5)
Then we changed the Hardware of this.

All Users could login in the domain, but have no access
to the PDC with netlogon, profile etc. shares.
(An other Fileserver Samba 2.0.6 domainmember works,
i.e. domainusers had access to their shares)

Then I wonted to authorized this Server once more
in the Domain. I have deleted his account and make
a new one. But the authorization faild...

See the log file:

WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
LSA_OPENSECRET: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'stancel': authentication failed
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
msrpc_process: client_name: wkssvc my_name: pdc
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
Closing connections
msrpc_process: client_name: lsarpc my_name: pdc
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: _lsa_open_secret: couldn't open secret_db. Possible attack?
uid=0, gid=0, euid=99, egid=99
_lsa_open_secret failed with 0xc0000022
Closing connections
LSA_OPENSECRET: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED