TNG and new unexplained daemons

Eric Pilger pilger at kahana.higp.hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 14 18:40:58 GMT 2000

What seems to be holding me up with TNG at the moment are vaious error
messages relating to things like lsarpc and svcctld. It would appear
that these daemons need to be running. However, nothing in the various
FAQs I have found mentions these things. Does TNG really require a
handful of new daemons to be started along with smbd and nmbd? Are they
supposed to start themselves? Are there some other configurations files
that aren't being mentioned?

--
Eric J. Pilger

Systems Administrator

Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology/SOEST

pilger at pgd.hawaii.edu

(808)956-6321