It used to work!

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Thu Sep 14 12:58:18 GMT 2000

One possibility would be if they reloaded your workstation, you will need to
be removed and re-added to the domain (ala "smbpasswd -x workstationname;
smbpasswd -a -m workstationname", then add the WS to the domain from the
Network Applet).

The reason for this is that each time you load NT WS/Server a new SID
(Station ID?) is generated for your WS.  (From what I Understand) This SID
is used to negotiate communication, and identify all communications from
your workstation (part of NT's security structure.)