Domain Maps

rszczesniak at mis.com.pl rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Thu Sep 14 12:37:50 GMT 2000

Simo Sorce <simo.sorce at polimi.it>
Wysłane przez: sorce at mister.cdc.polimi.it
00-09-14 16:02

        Do:     rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
        DW:     Samba NT-DOM list <samba-ntdom at samba.org>
        Temat:  Re: Domain Maps

rszczesniak at mis.com.pl wrote:

> I had same problem (some time ago).
> Such error occurs, because stable Samba (2.0.7) doesn't support user and
> group name mapping.
> To make use of these params, you have to use Samba HEAD or Samba TNG
(both
> unstable).

> They are not necessarily unstable but alpha quality software, this means
> that they may work well with certain configuration and not work at all
> with others, as the current situation is.

Yes, of course. I meant "status: unstable", when I wrote this. I
personally
use combination head/tng branch in my mini (2 computers) network, and it
works
just fine.

BTW:
1. How can I change root password from samedit ?
2. Does changing unix file permissions/ownership work from nt side ?
3. Can I set trust relationship to other nt domain ?

Except of these, I don't have significant problems.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451
Be happy, use Linux!