Domain Maps

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Thu Sep 14 14:02:42 GMT 2000

rszczesniak at mis.com.pl wrote:

> I had same problem (some time ago).
> Such error occurs, because stable Samba (2.0.7) doesn't support user and
> group name mapping.
> To make use of these params, you have to use Samba HEAD or Samba TNG (both
> unstable).

They are not necessarily unstable but alpha quality software, this means
that they may work well with certain configuration and not work at all
with others, as the current situation is.
Some people use TNG in production environments, others are unable to
ever compile it, just give a try if you really can't stay with these
feature, but carefully test before putting in a production environment.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451