OpenLDAP2.0.1/SAMBA schemas

Nathan Sain njsain at deer.oursc.k12.ar.us
Wed Sep 13 22:03:03 GMT 2000

I hope no one minds if I chime in with a few questions. It has been several
months since i have monitored this list, but to me it appears:

The HEAD brance as apposed to the TNG brance is the main focus for ldap
development?

What is the current status of the HEAD ldap support; is it better than TNG's

Are you using the nt5 schema (I can't remember where I found it, tho I
beleve it was on the samba-ldap-howto)?

I am currently running a samba-ldap domain with mixed nt/98 workstations
(about 50), with the oct 1999 ldap HEAD cvs code.  I am using ldap 1.2.9 and
am looking to update this system but am unsure about compability with ldap
2.1 and samba.  I am more than willing to test configurations and work, just
out of the loop.

Nathan Sain