Password changing

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Wed Sep 13 20:28:14 GMT 2000

Kristyan Osborne wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to force a password change on login
> on a NT4 WS, when the PDC is a 2.0.7 samba server.

Well, the last time this was asked, I said I recalled it being a
function of the password storage mechanism, not the server process.
I understood that the smbpasswd file did not support this, and
thereby Samba did not normally.  I think I heard that if you were
using an LDAP backend you _might_ be able to trigger this, but
I can't confirm this.

No ever corrected me the last time I said this, so if this is
wrong, I hope someone will speak up now.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com