Lame Samba Config Question (slightly OT)

Matthew Keller kellermg at potsdam.edu
Tue Sep 12 17:17:58 GMT 2000

	Somewhere my Samba logic got stupid. What I want to do is make a share
(actually about 3000 of them) such that when a given user browses to the
server, they see all of the shares that I have given them access too,
and NOT all 3000 of them (like what happens with home directories). I
would think, logically that only the "valid users" would "see" the
shares, but that's not the truth. I don't care if the "other" shares are
merely hidden from users, but I hate have 3000 shares listed on a
server, when a given user only needs access to 5 or 10 of them- At the
same time setting browseable=no seems to make them ALL invisible, and
that's no good either.
	Below is the config I'm using for these shares. The permissions are
controlled at the filesystem level, so i'm not worried about other
people getting INTO the shares... Any help would be appreciated.

[ZIPPYS SHARE]
        path = /zippyshare
        valid users = zippy
        writeable = yes