smb.conf issue

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Mon Sep 11 15:52:39 GMT 2000

YOu probably need to do one of the following:
1)set "security=domain" and join the machine to the domain with
"smbpassd -j ...." (after making a machine account on the PDC)
2)set "security=user" and populate smbpasswd with "smbpasswd -a
<user_name" after makin gunix accounts
3)set "guest only = yes" on the share

It all depends what you actually want. If you want all user to connect
to intranet as guest users, and have no need for any user security, use
3.

If you want domain members to access other shares with other
permissions, user 1.

Buchan
Disclaimer:I have never used samba as a member of an NT controlled NT
domain!

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za