need de-newbification re: user names

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Mon Sep 11 15:27:39 GMT 2000

This is something we 2.0.x PDC users have to live with. You will see the
long names (passwd comments) do appear in some places, but not all, and
you will also see "DOMAIN\Account Unknown" in some cases.

Hopefully some of these will be fixed in 2.2.x

Is it really so important that users can see their full name (surely
they know both their own name and their account name?)

Advive: when setting file security, make local groups on each machine,
and make the domain account a member of this group, and set permssions
only according to local or domain groups (ie Domain Admins) , then yuo
can see who has permissions on the files, rather than "Account Unknown"

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za