Access failed

Günter Bielenberg Bielenberg at t-online.de
Mon Sep 11 13:54:53 GMT 2000

hi all,

in a school we have a net of NT-Machines hanging at a Samba server
under Linux. It runs samba 2.0.7 on Linux 2.2.14 (Suse 6.4) I made a
standard user at one WS, fixed the profile by renaming ntuser.dat to
ntuser.man and copied this profile to the logon path at the server.
When I now login at another WS as this user, I get my desktop and
home directory, but when I try to start one of the
M$-Office-programs, which are installed locally at all WSs I get the
message 'Falsches Passwort für Netzzugriff' (wrong password). If I
type in my admin name and password I get access to the programm.
What's wrong with that?
In my samba.log I find the following lines:
- smbd/nttrans.c: call_nt_transact_ioctl (2516)
-   call_nt_transact_ioctl: currently not implemented
has this something to do with my problem? What does this message
mean?

thanks in advance

Günter