repost: unable to write to a directory beneath a shared directory

Anders Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 11 13:44:15 GMT 2000

I would suggest that you look at the "force group" and "force user"
parameters...

i.e. specify:   force group = +anniv

This will cause the samba process to run as the userID of the user and the
groupID of the group anniv IF the user is a member of this group.
If you specify gorce group = anniv, then the process will always be
running as this group.

Also consider using valid users = @anniv
When using the last parameter (you REALLY SHOULD, otherwise anyone could
access this directory)

Ps: Force directory mode is also recommended...

--Anders

Gerry Kirk <gerry at mccb.org>
Sent by: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
09/11/2000 07:05 AM