What the Hell part 2

Andreas.Breede at o-tel-o.de Andreas.Breede at o-tel-o.de
Fri Sep 8 14:21:39 GMT 2000

I also have the same problem: Samba (on AIX) 2.0.7 as PDC (NT-Workstation login
into the domain working)
but the domain user manager showed "Account unknown" for all domain users.
I've just checked that every user in smbpasswd has a counterpart in unix passwd
(just compared the user names nothing else)
Meanwhile I gave up using Samba as PDC, but I would like to do so if possible!

Samba 2.0.7 can not be a BDC. If samba is your PDC, your NT clients
should be able to see thie list of domain members when you run user
manager for domains. If not, you should check your smbpasswd file for
entries without amtching unix users. I had a problem in which my list
was truncated, similar to this.

Also running Mandrake 7.1 /samba 2.0.7.

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za