logon scripts - NET TIME ?

SRuth at LANDAM.com SRuth at LANDAM.com
Thu Sep 7 17:00:56 GMT 2000

Hi,

You have to give the "Change the system time" permission to the Everyone
(easiest) group or a specific (requires slightly more maintenance) group ,
on every workstation.  This is done through the User Manager under Policies,
then User Rights.

sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Buchan Milne [mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 11:50 AM
To: Nelson C. Garcia
Cc: samba-ntdom at samba.org
Subject: Re: logon scripts - NET TIME ?

Hi,

I am using NET TIME in my logon scripts, but on the NT machines most
users don't have permissions to set their time. I see in this example
that time setting is used on the NT machines. How do I fix mine ??

Has anyont use NTLogon (recently on freshmeat) to configure the logon
scripts dynamically ? It looks quite cool, allowing you to set all
login-scripts (per group, user, machine) in one file. Haven't had time
to try it yet though ...

Buchan

"Nelson C. Garcia" wrote:

> Here's the best example I have found:
>
> ----- begin quote
>
> rem Default logon script, create links to this file.
>
> net time \\bioserve /set /yes
> @echo off
> if %OS%.==Windows_NT. goto WinNT
>
> :Win95
> net use k: \\trillion\bio_prog
> net use p: \\bcfile\homes
> goto end
> :WinNT
> net use k: \\trillion\bio_prog /persistent:no
> net use p: \\bcfile\homes /persistent:no
>
> :end
>
> --- end quote
>
> All credit should go to David Bannon at the following URL:
> http://bioserve.biochem.latrobe.edu.au/samba/
>
> The scripts will be run as a batch file by Windows, therefore each line
must
> end on a CR+LF combination.  I recommend editing the script using a
Windows

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za