NTML packet for the Mac

Will Cox wcox at tgix.com
Thu Sep 7 15:52:58 GMT 2000

on 9/7/2000 11:35 AM, Efrem Del Degan at efdog at hotmail.com wrote:

> I am inquiring about NTLM Authentication and a doc on building an NTML
> packet for the Mac.  Apparently, there are a bunch of APIs for the Window's
> platform, but nothing for the Mac.

You won't get anything out of Microsoft on APIs for the Mac, since that's
Apple's department.

Mac OS uses a pluggable authentication module scheme (User Authentication
Modules) supported by the AppleShare client libraries. Documentation on that
is here

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/NetworkCommSvcs/AppleShare/apple
share.html>
<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/pdf/ASUserAuthentication.pdf>
<http://developer.apple.com/sdk/>
<ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/AppleShare_IP_6.3/>

Microsoft already offers an User Authentication Module for MacOS that
supports NTLM.

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/win2ksfm/default.asp>
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/win2ksfm/MSUAM505.sit>

/cwc