nt printer driver

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Sep 7 13:07:14 GMT 2000

Dmitry Chebykin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Who can explain how I can utilize this?  But my primary
> question is how I can implement driver download from TNG for
> NT like it made for Win9x (see PRINTER_DRIVER.txt for
> example)?

The main push for printing enhancements have gone in HEAD,
not TNG.  While we are working on documenting it at the moment,
the main idea is to use either an NT client's Add Printer Wizard
or Imprints (imprints.sourceforge.net) to install the drivers
on the Samba server (just like an NT print server).

The instructions in PRINTER_DRIVER.txt are going away.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw