logon scripts

Nelson C. Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 7 04:52:47 GMT 2000

Here's the best example I have found:

----- begin quote

rem Default logon script, create links to this file.

net time \\bioserve /set /yes
@echo off
if %OS%.==Windows_NT. goto WinNT

:Win95
net use k: \\trillion\bio_prog
net use p: \\bcfile\homes
goto end
:WinNT
net use k: \\trillion\bio_prog /persistent:no
net use p: \\bcfile\homes /persistent:no

:end

--- end quote

All credit should go to David Bannon at the following URL:
http://bioserve.biochem.latrobe.edu.au/samba/

The scripts will be run as a batch file by Windows, therefore each line must
end on a CR+LF combination.  I recommend editing the script using a Windows
text editor and then moving it to the [netlogon] share.  While you are at
it, run the script from the Windows command prompt in order to test it.

Aloha,
Nelson