Samba-TNG 2.6 PDC Administration with W2K

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Sep 6 23:31:57 GMT 2000

Tobias Manthey wrote:

> Hi all,
> Thanks to the detailed description on sambahq.de I was beeing able to
> successfully set up samba-tng 2.6 as PDC and joined several W2K workstations to
> the domain.
> But now I would like to use the windows administration tools to administer
> my users and permissions. For NT4 WKS there where serveral tools available
> (e.g. User Manager for Domains). How can I achieve windows based
> adminstration with W2K?

Not very easily. Not all of the RPC stuff has been completed. It may be
possible, but it's not highly likely. If you get it to work, write it
down ;-).

> Btw.: The informations of how to set up samba-tng that come with the
> original tar-ball arey kinda sparse. (Or I was to stupid to find em? :-o )
> I am sure future users would love to see at least some links to further
> informations. ;-))

Samba docs are stored in yodl format. Check the docs/yodldocs directory
of your source. Also check my .sig.

Hope it helps,
Matt
--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3