samba performance

Carl Ma cma at toronto.circadence.com
Tue Sep 5 16:55:45 GMT 2000

Hello all,

In our company, We share all the windows applications from the samba server,
which is HP LC1000, clients are running Win2000 and map the applications
filesystem as local disk driver. Everything is ok.

Last week, we switched our samba server from HP LC1000 to a PC server running
RH6.2. Now the performance for browser & copy is ok, however if we start the
window applications, it may take 60 - 90 seconds.

The attached file is my samba configuration. Can anyone advise on it?

Thank you in advance!

carl