Authentification via PAM AND smbpasswd

olpa at sybcom.de olpa at sybcom.de
Tue Sep 5 14:26:54 GMT 2000

Hello,

I want to authenticate users against the NDS via PAM and use samba TNG as
a PDC. Efforts to use normal samba with PAM/NDS were successfull, but
using the PDC features needs the use of smbpasswd for (at least) machine
trust accounts.

Is it possible to use the smbpasswd system for machine accounts and to use
PAM as authentification system for users at the same time ?

This would imply, that the passwords come in clear text, and I know that
for this, there is a registry patch...

Help would be thankfully welcomed...

---
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam
Linux Symposium)
---
 mailto:olpa at sybcom.de    :                         :
 phone :+49 681 56600600  :    project department   :          SYBCOM GmbH
 fax   :+49 681 56600660  :                         : http://www.sybcom.de