Sharing Win9x Resources

Dave Leffler dleffler at alaska.com
Mon Sep 4 23:11:03 GMT 2000

I'm experimenting with creating a Linux PDC for my non-profit group.  I have
the domain up and running with the Win98 clients, however I'd like to
convert from a peer-to-peer network to a controlled network.  While I don't
require sharing any files/drives on the Win9x machines, I do need to share
printers.  Every time I bring up the share dialog on the Win98 machine and
try to add a user, I get the list not available, try later dialog.

Is there a way around this?  Is there an smb.conf setting I missed?

Dave Leffler
Leffler Homepage