PDC AND SAMBA

Mallik mallik at scatech.com
Tue Oct 31 23:16:05 GMT 2000

Hi ,
      I have my LAN setup with 2 NT servers as PDC and BDC. My linux box
is a member of the PDC with DHCP ip address. I ran samba in the hope that
usernames in my linuxbox can use the same password as the PDC password
list on the password server(pdc). when samba ran it had become the pdc
automatically . All i added was the password server address to the pdc
intranet ip in smb.conf and ran a smbpasswd on my local users.
My question is
why did'nt the PDC on NT Server let my linux box take over as PDC
especially when i didnt supply any network-admin username/password in my
smb.conf

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
Mallik