Problems with latest version of Samba 2.2.0

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Oct 31 05:11:32 GMT 2000

Hi,

Doing further tests on Win2K domain logons ... Win2K does some wierd
things. It sends a PING at the domain controller when it gets the name of
the DC!

Anyway, I have the Samba 2.2.0 code from a couple of days ago plus the one
from today, and the earlier one allows me to join the domain, while the one
from today does not.

I now get messages like "The specified domain either does not exist or
could not be contacted", and it returns some wierd responses to a NetLogon,
like:

   SAM Response during LOGON Pause (0x15)

rather than the more normal

   Response to SAM Logon Request (0x13)

This seems wierd ... Has anyone seen this?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba