Two samba servers, same machine?

tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de
Tue Oct 31 00:06:48 GMT 2000

> Yes, this is true, but only if you want identical
> configurations! If you want different passwd backends
> types for example you need to have two installations!

OK. You mean having different smbpasswd files for each
instance. Your right you need to samba installations
with different install paths.

In my opinion we really need some configuration options
to have these configuration files reside in different
positions in the file system, obsoleting necessity to
recompile samba if we wish to have two instances of samba
running.

There is only on point to mention: it may be a security
hazard to have an configuration option for smbpasswd
making it more easy to gain access to something you
should not have to...

--
Thomas