freebsd

eskimo eskimo at direct.ca
Mon Oct 30 17:42:44 GMT 2000

while i'm emailing, here's my issue:

i'm using samba 2.0.7 as a pdc in freebsd 4.1.1
freebsd doesn't allow me to have to character '$' in the username, so this
means i can't go 'smbpasswd -a -m machinename'.

is there some fix that would allow me to easily add an nt workstation to the
domain? right now, i isolate the machine i want to add to the network w/ my
linux box that has samba installed and an identical MACHINE.SID or whatever,
and i use linux to create the account, and when it's done, i copy the
appropriate part to my fbsd's smbpasswd file. kinda retardedly complicated.