Samba & Win 2K Advanced Server

Phillip E. Ganze ganze at eng.buffalo.edu
Fri Oct 27 20:42:16 GMT 2000

Hi,
        I have recently installed a Windows 2k Advance Server as a member server
in our NT 4.0 domain.  We have been using Samba in a workgroup setting to allow
NT users access to their UNIX directories and printers.   It has been working
great so far.  The Win 2K Adv. Server is the only server that can not access the
Samba servers in the workgroup.  It accesses everything fine in the domain but
not the workgroup where the samba servers reside. One of the samba servers is
the master browser for the workgroup.  We are running 2 different versions of
samba. One is 1.9.18 and the other is 2.0.6. Any thoughts on why?  Could it be
because of the two different versions?

I did bring up a Samba 2.0.7 server using a different workgroup and again the
Win 2K advanced server could not even browse the workgroup. It does browse other
NT domains and Windows controlled workgroups.   My Win 2K Pro workstation was
able to access all of our samba servers no matter what version of samba they are
running.

Phil...

--
Phillip E. Ganze