automating creation of home dirs

Brad Tarver btarver at vention.com
Thu Oct 26 19:14:22 GMT 2000

k well that didn't work.

any other suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: SRuth at LANDAM.com [mailto:SRuth at LANDAM.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 1:55 PM
To: btarver at vention.com; SRuth at LANDAM.com; samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: automating creation of home dirs

that looks fine.

np,

Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Tarver [mailto:btarver at vention.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 1:54 PM
To: 'SRuth at LANDAM.com'; Brad Tarver; samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org

all i have to do is some thing like this, right?

touch /usr/local/samba/bin/add_user

edit /usr/local/samba/bin/add_user to look like this:
#!/bin/sh
useradd $1
chmod 0711 /home/$1

and then add this to /etc/smb.conf:
add user script = /usr/local/samba/bin/add_user %u

and then restart samba?

thanks,
brad