AW: SAMBA and NT Terminal Server

Ulf Noren Ulf.Noren at ind.mh.se
Thu Oct 26 15:24:38 GMT 2000

I have the last couple of months  tried this setup.
I use Windows 2000 + Citrix Metaframe 1.8

It all works well except for one thing that i havent been able
to get each terminalserver user to get its own connection to samba.
Instead all users use the same connection (samba-process) and I get
some irrational behaviour. Shares are all of a sudden disconnected and
Im not able to reconnect until I logoff/logon again. Some applications
seem to have a problem with this an just vanish  etc.

The reg-file that fixes this under NT4 doesnt seem to do anything
good under win2k.

At the moment im using a NFS-client instead but wouldnt mind getting
it to work with Samba instead :-)

/Ulf

--
Ulf Noren, Systems engineer   | Phone: +46 (0)66057899
Mid Sweden University         | Fax  : +46 (0)66057805
Dept of Industrial technology | Email: Ulf.Noren at ind.mh.se
Jarnvagsgatan 3               | <URL:http://www.ind.mh.se>
S-891 18 Ornskoldsvik, Sweden | <URL:http://www.ind.mh.se/~ulf>