PDC

Simon Allaway simona at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 26 15:10:30 GMT 2000

Kai Blin wrote:

> In his mail on 26/10/00, 10:21:08, Spela <spela.svoljsak at aster.si> said:
> > I would like to know when will Samba be able to act like a PDC. I am
> > using Samba 2.0.7 now.
>
> It will do for Win9x clients but not for WinNT Win2k.

Samba 2.0.7 works extremely well as a PDC for Windows NT 4.0 clients. It
will happily serve Win2k clients but within the domain. I can't speak
for Win9x clients as we don't use them here.

> > I would like to know which is the latest release of Samba and where can
> > I get it.
>
> You have the latest stable release. You _can_ try the latest alpha, but it's
> on YOUR OWN RISK!

The latest release that will support Win2k domain clients is the
development code on samba-tng.org. I compiled it yesterday and I have a
test domain running that is accepting domain logons from Win2k. It's
quick too!

Simon