NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT

Martin Radford martin at zamenhof.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 20:36:25 GMT 2000

> When I asked the NT Admin to add "Linux" to the NT domain on the PDC using
> Server Manager for Domains, his response was, "Linux is already in my Server
> Manager list as a Windows NT 4.2 Server with a description of Linux smb
> Server in Engineering." He has also made a reference to the older MS Lan

A server will show up in Server Manager even if it's not a domain
member (as long as it's in the workgroup with the same name as the
domain).  There's an option in Server Manager to display only the
members of the domain.  If the admin enables that option, your server
will not appear in the list.  Tell him to create a computer account
anyway.

Martin
--
Martin Radford              |   "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_
martin at zamenhof.demon.co.uk | men just upload their important stuff  -o)