Viewing List of Users from Win98 Machine for Sharing

Larry James ljames at hera.apollo3.com
Wed Oct 25 18:09:03 GMT 2000

     Can someone advise me how to get a list of users to use Samba for
Access Controller for Windows 98 shares.  I have set everything on the
Windows 98 side (as far as I know).  In the Windows 98 Network
configuration I have "Workgroup" set in the Access Control tab.
     Now when I right click on a resource to share it (such as drive
C:), then click on Add, I get a popup "Add users" window with two
items.  The Icon (which apears it's for a group) with the word "The
World" as a user or group, and what appears to be an icon for a user
with no words beside it.  The text beside the Name field says, "Obtain
List From", but it doesn't say from where.
     I don't get a list of users.
     Thanks in advance for anyone who can advise me of how to get a list
of users in the Windows 98 popup.
     I'm using Samba 2.2.0.alpha0.

					-- L. James

Apollo III Communications               One of the World's First ISP's
Larry James      http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames     ljames at apollo3.com