global user account vs. Computer account

Helga Mayer helga at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Oct 25 15:31:17 GMT 2000

I didn't use the domainname to create user accounts:
samedit -S. -U root -N -c "createuser user1 -p password1"
works fine.
I only used the domainname to create the machine accounts:
createuser machine1$ -jDOMAIN -p machine1
I don't know if the use of the domainname for the user accounts is crucial
or not, but when I first created the machine accounts without password
I couldn't logon to that machine as domainuser.
Have a look into the smbpasswd file and check if there is a entry
"[W " or "[U " for the account koen.

HM
*  Universitaet Tuebingen       *  Helga Mayer                            *
*  WSI/GRIS 	                *  Tel. : 07071-29-78967                   *
*  Auf der Morgenstelle 10, C9  *  Fax  : 07071-29-5466                   *
*                               *  E-Mail-Adresse :                       *
*  72076 TUEBINGEN              *  helga at gris.uni-tuebingen.de *