Help with Samba

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp7 at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 23 00:49:47 GMT 2000

Prince:
did you log off and log back in as that user after you made the change in smb.conf?  Also, it takes some time for the program to re-read the smb.conf file.  I believe it does this automatically but I'm not sure of the time frame involved.  You can get around this by just stopping and restarting samba - smb stop - smb start after you make any changes. I hope I'm not just restating the obvious to you...Also, what version of Samba are you using and on what platform?

Also, you should turn off the use of HTML or rich text in your email client.  Not everyone on the list has these 'Windoze' features and it just eats up bandwidth anyway.

Hope This Helps

James