Win2000 joing 2.2.0 snapshot domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Oct 22 23:30:21 GMT 2000

At 03:30 PM 21/10/2000 -0500, ctooley at amoa.org wrote:

>If I try to follow the Preliminary information on the site that David Bannon
>posted I get an error saying that the Windows 2000 box can't find a PDC on
the
>Domain.  If I go to System Properties and try to use the wizard to add the
>machine to the domain it asks for a Username and Password.

I think it is fair to say that the new code to allow W2K (and NT) to create
a machine account from the newly joining client is not quite working yet. I
just rechecked out SAMBA_2_2 and did not see any fixes in the relevant
areas. Jean Francois Micouleau is aware of the problem and working on it
although he is under some pressure elsewhere.

I suggest that people wanting to test these functions cool it until JFM (or
someone else) announces that the problems have been fixed.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au