debug level not accepted, samba 2.0.5a

Seth Stone pepper at wtlug.org
Fri Oct 20 17:33:04 GMT 2000

Thanks for your suggestion.  Just be sure everything was correct, I
started running smbd -D -d3 -s /etc/smb.conf and nmbd -D -d3 -s
/etc/smb.conf.  I still cannot get logging to print "level 3" info.  Any
thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth

* rszczesniak at mis.com.pl [2000.10.18 11:02]:
: Can you make sure, which config file you are exactly using ?
: I mean rather path than exact file. Sometimes, you modify
: /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf (or similiar), when samba
: uses /etc/samba/smb.conf (or similiar).
: I know, it's very simple example, but let's start from the easiest ...
:
: greetings,
: Rafa³
:
:
:
:
: Seth Stone <pepper at wtlug.org>
: Sent by: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
: 00-10-17 16:29
:
:
:         To:     samba-ntdom at samba.org
:         cc:
:         Subject:        debug level not accepted, samba 2.0.5a
:
:
:
: Hello:
:
: I'm having some trouble getting SAMBA to accept a log level above 0 (the
: default).  I've tried using debug level = 3 and log level = 3, either
: one doesn't seem to have any affect.  Also I've try starting SAMBA with
: -d3, to no avail.
:
: However I do get more info now when I do an smbstatus or nmblookup.
: This information is printed before the normal output:
:
: doing parameter max log size = 100000
: doing parameter security = user
: doing parameter socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
: doing parameter dns proxy = no
: doing parameter comment = Samba %v
: doing parameter guest account = [removed]
: doing parameter encrypt passwords = no
: doing parameter password level = 0
: doing parameter passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
: doing parameter preferred master = yes
: doing parameter os level = 33
: doing parameter null passwords = no
: doing parameter allow hosts = [removed]
: doing parameter deny hosts = ALL
: doing parameter dead time = 15
: doing parameter debug level = 0
:
: There dosen't appear to be any "level 3" information in the logs, and I
: noticed debug level = 0 in this extraneous output.  Any thoughts?
:
: I'm using Samba 2.0.5a, on RedHat 6.1.
:
: Thanks for your time.
:
: Seth