win2k and samba 2.2

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Oct 20 02:18:27 GMT 2000

At 02:18 PM 19/10/2000 -0700, Patrick Calkins wrote:
>At 06:31 PM 18/10/2000 -0400, David Krovich wrote:

>to provide an account that has permission to add it. As I know of, this
>'adding a machine on-the-fly' is currently not supported in any of the samba
>developments. Where do we go from here???

Well, its 'almost' working in the 2.2.0 pre-release. Jean Francois
Micouleau is currently working on it, he has submitted some code but there
are a couple of problems at present. He's pretty close so we won't have
long to wait with any luck ...

Problems are :
1. The script that makes accounts runs as the user you enter, not root.
2. The machine name is wrong, might just be a typo.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au