Samba and NIS

Denis J. Cirulis monster at okb.lv
Thu Oct 19 15:03:47 GMT 2000

Hello !

I would like to know is such a thing possible:
I have running Samba 2.0.x , NIS domain and a couple of Unix/NT workstations.
Now i want to make one auth method for all, for example NT user types in
his/her username and password then Samba give the auth challenge to NIS server
and then if username and password matches unix user in NIS db drives are
mapped and all the profile directory is available to the client ?

P.S.: please mail me private, cause i'm not in the list

--
My other computer is a 4000 node Beowulf cluster.