PAM,LDAP,TNG,HEAD

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at dff.st
Thu Oct 19 13:20:05 GMT 2000

In our Intranet we use samba 2.0.6 as PDC for quite a while now.
Works great.
But know we need samba as PDC for W2000 and auth against a LDAP
server (rfc2307). These stuff came to my mind.

1. using samba 2.0.7 as fileserver auth against another
   samba TNG 2.6 which only holds the profiles and auth
   against the LDAP server.

2. using samba 2.0.7 as fileserver and auth against PAM
   (which auth with pam_ldap/nss_ldap against the LDAP server)
   and samba TNG 2.6 holds the profiles and auth against
   the other samba.
   negative: need to disable encrypted passwords for PAM

I heard the 2.2 branch now already can join a domain. So a
all in one sollution might not be far away. But I don't know
about the LDAP support (especially the schema). I know TNG
was supposed to support rfc2307.

Would be great if anyone could comment on this...
--
Torsten