Question on winbind

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Thu Oct 19 11:21:32 GMT 2000

I read the paper on winbind that's on the samba site, and I have some
questions:

1)When will winbind be in a stable release (2.2.x ?)

2)What does winbind do regarding home directories ?
It would be very nice if it mounted the users home directory from the
PDC (espescially in the case of a samba PDC!).

3)From what I have read, winbind replaces pam_smb, but will it also
support / replace auth_smb (for use in a squid proxy for example).
--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering           http://www.cae.co.za
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za