can't unmount a share on windows 2000

Firas Al-Ragom alragom at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 21:17:33 GMT 2000

Hi, I have Samba 2.0.7 running on a Red Hat 6.2 kernel
2.2.17 I can mount shares on my windows 2000 pro
machine just fine with smbmount but when I try and
unmount the share it won't let me (i keep getting  the
error "Could not umount /mnt/w2k: Device or resource
busy"). Both smbumount and umount won't work. I made
sure that i was not accessing anything on the /mnt/w2k
at the time ofcourse, I even went as far as
terminating the open session from the win2k's Shares
under computer management.
Another question while i'm at it, how can you allow
regular users (as opposed to root) to mount shares
without giving them SU privileges ?
Appreciate all your help !

-Firas

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2000/10/18 01:52:29

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = MYGROUP
    netbios name = MYSERVER
    server string = Server
    encrypt passwords = yes
    allow trusted domains = No
    min password length = 7
    unix password sync = yes
    debug level = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 0
    name resolve order = wins, lmhost, host, bcast
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
    local master = Yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain master = yes