Windows 2000 with Linux

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 18 13:37:27 GMT 2000

You should be able to get by by joining the samba machine to the NT
domain controlled by the NT server. For this to work, each person needs
a unix account on the linux machine, but doesn't needto be able to log
in.

If you have an NT server running your domain, there's no reason to move
it to your linux box.

To authenticate for services on the linux box from the PDC, you will
need to look into pam, pam_smb (logging in, mail), auth_smb (proxy), or
wait for winbind in the upcoming samba 2.2.x.

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering           http://www.cae.co.za
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za