NT worksattion cannot access samba server.

Muhammad Chatta muhammadchatta at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 20:54:29 GMT 2000

Hi all:

I am facing a problem with the NT WKStn. It is not
accessing the samba server. I can see the samba server
in the network neighbourhood and when i double click
it
..it asks for the username password when i give this
detail the username password template reappears...
i have set up the option for password encryption in
the smb.conf file but the problem still exists.

Could you please guide me how to solve this..i am
using redhat 6.2 and samba 2.0.6.

Is there anything to be done with the smbadduser or
with smbpasswd file other than smbusers..??and how to
do that..I am working on a workgroup.

Thanks.

Muhammad  C.

muhammadchatta at yahoo.com