Login Win95 into NT server through SAMBA

Urs Steiner urs at studi.ch
Mon Oct 16 16:21:30 GMT 2000

HI Patrick

> Actually, everything short of being able to have my Win98se machine and
> shares visible on the net works like a charm.
> It just seems to get stuck at the SAMBA machine and not broadcast past that
> point ...

waaaaiiitt a moment here ...
as your win98 box has a 192.168.*.* adress which doesn't get routed, the
rest of the computers don't know where to find this computer ...
try on one of the computer a ping of the ip address of the 98se-box ...
(this shouldn't work, something like "no route to host" or somesuch)
but from the 98se box you should be able to ping the rest ... (if not you
may need to do something with ip-forwarding/masquerading  on the linux /
samba box)

(i know, somehow samba should overcome this perhaps ?!?)

Ciao
Urs

mail: urs at studi.ch
phone: 078 / 790 32 16