NT Domain problem

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Oct 16 15:01:51 GMT 2000

At 10:24 AM 10/16/00 -0700, James W. Beauchamp wrote:
>Dean:
>I believe you have one problem :
>1) I don't believe you want Domain Logons = yes, this is for Samba acting as
>a PDC I believe.

No, this is not true. Domain logons is a misnamed parameter that supports
Win9X style logons.

For Samba to act as a PDC, you need a few other parameters ... Like encrypt
passwords = yes and smb passwd file = some file and security = user and so on.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Author, Special Edition, Using Samba