NT Domain problem

Dean Hamilton dean at zaneray.com
Mon Oct 16 14:06:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I am trying to set up a samba server on Linux 6.2 using Samba 2.0.6, and I have
everything working fine with one exception.  I can successfully see the linux
machine from my NT workstation via network neighborhood, and also access
resources on the linux machine.  However, when I reboot my NT Workstation and
login to the domain, I get an error indicating that the PDC for the domain could
not be found, even though our local NT server is up and running.  If I stop smbd
and nmbd on the linux machine the error goes away.

The following is the contents of my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = ZANERAY.COM
        netbios name = ZRLINUX
        server string = ZRLINUX
        interfaces = eth0 205.138.111.xxx/255.255.255.224
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = TEST
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 0
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 205.138.111.xxx

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

[zrlinux_data]
        path = /data
        read only = No

Any ideas as to why I am getting this error and how to solve it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean Hamilton