Authen::Smb - called name not present

Bob Smart smart at hpc.CSIRO.AU
Mon Oct 16 04:43:27 GMT 2000

I'm trying to use Authen::Smb (which is based on smbval
in smbclient) to authenticate against a Win2k server.

I can use smbclient to browse a file system on the server.
However Authen::Smb is failing and when I get in there
and add some print statements I see that the server is
returning an error 0x82. The code in smbval says this is
CNNP "Called Name Not Present".

I'd appreciate any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, or
of how (roughly) Authen::Smb might be changed to keep Win2k
happy.

Thanks,

Bob