heads up: samba and windows 2000

RSzczesniak at mis.com.pl RSzczesniak at mis.com.pl
Fri Oct 13 18:05:08 GMT 2000

"David van Geyn" <dataiv at noc.peon.net>
Sent by: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
00-10-13 04:27

        To:     <samba-ntdom at us4.samba.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        heads up: samba and windows 2000

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As the list seem quiet for the last 24 hours, I wanted to share with you
> that Samba 2.2 will be able to act as a PDC for Windows 2000.
>
> I've got my W2K workstation join a samba (HEAD version) domain.
>
> The code will be available in the next 24 hours.
>
>         J.F.

This is great news! Now we can start migrating from NT 4 Workstation!

Is it essential ? I mean, migration. I see many people migrating to win2k,
but actually, nt functionality is enough in many, many cases.
Can you give me some reasons for which you have to migrate to win2k ?

Rafał

PS. Once again, J.F. You did GREAT job ! What about my question ?

Thanks so much, Samba Team.

-David van Geyn