Samba TNG Back from the dead

Jonathan Graham grahamj at virtue.cx
Thu Oct 12 18:57:13 GMT 2000

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, David Atkinson wrote:

> Sorry to take so long to respond - I'm suppost to be doing the HSC a week
> from today (A state wide university entrance exam here in Australia).

Hey David,

	No problem.  I'm PDB (Pretty Darn Busy) myself.

> I am willing to provide any support/assistance with futher developing Samba
> TNG, but it would most likely have to take the form of testing and/or
> documentation. I have access to several production and non-production
> testing sites with varying reliance on NT servers. I would be glad to
> finally be able to give something back to one of the projects I have taken
> advantage of for some time (I still have an old i486 server running Red Hat
> 5.2 acting a a print server for an inkjet printer.)
>
> Something else I see as a benificial step is greater interoperability with
> netatalk+asun

Excellent, testing is always needed.  I'm still gathering data on everyone
who's voulenteered so as to what needs to be tested and where I'm still
figuring. I can give you some intital starting steps.

#1) Get the TNG branch from CVS.  (If you haven't done this before e-mail
me and I'll get you started)

#2) Compile it and get it running.

Once you've got these two down you'll have good test bed for any testing
you have to do.

	Take it easy,

		Jonathan.